1610 South 3rd Street West, Suite 201
Missoula, MT 59801
Everyone who is a property owner or a potential property owner–whether a homeowner, a business person or an investor–will benefit by being acquainted with the Missoula Organization of REALTORS®.
We understand that changes are happening all around us created in large part by forces that are global in nature. These changes touch many aspects of the Missoula community. In the midst of the transitions, people want to maintain their connections to the place they call home. As an industry that builds community while carrying out everyday commerce, we choose to make a difference in the communities where our members live and work.
We are using our combined wisdom as competitors and our united strengths as REALTORS® to identify the challenges, create the tools and implement the solutions that will provide our community with the highest quality of life possible.
Missoula Organization of REALTORS®
“RE-Imagining Home and Community”
What We Do
The Missoula Organization of REALTORS® is a trade association dedicated to providing valuable programs, products and services to members, to affiliate members and the community.
MOR provides a wide array of resources and opportunities to the local real estate industry and the community. This includes local housing market statistics, homeownership education, member training programs, charity events, monitoring local government issues pertaining to real estate and real estate law, just to name a few.
Chartered in 1947, MOR has seen many changes in nearly 70 years, but two bedrocks support today’s continued existence:
The commitment to protecting private property rights for all individuals
The commitment to conducting business in adherence to the REALTOR® Code of Ethics
Owning a home or property is like purchasing stock in the community. Homeowners have a vested interest in the community. The concept of individual property rights is critical to the American way of life. The Missoula Organization of REALTORS®, the Montana Association of REALTORS® and the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® support and promote this concept.
Our organization is filled with talented, educated and caring individuals with a vast knowledge of the real estate industry. The Missoula Organization of REALTORS® is committed to helping build a better Missoula and surrounding areas by providing superior service to members and the community.
When it comes to a resource for real estate information, “think MOR.”
Government & Regulatory
REALTORS®, real estate industry professionals and citizens who own property must of necessity be involved in public affairs and community government and regulatory issues. Private property and homeownership is one of the most critical factors in shaping the community profile of Missoula and Western Montana. To ensure quality of life, standards are improved or, at minimum, maintained, being proactive with a clear, balanced, all-inclusive vision that is essential.
Conscious of this need, MOR provides a professional public affairs effort, coordinated by the MOR Public Affairs Director. This gives homeownership and the importance of homeownership to the community a face and a voice at meetings where decisions are made about housing and homeownership.
The Public Affairs Director meets with local government officials, community task forces, neighborhood groups and individuals to gain and provide knowledge relating to homeownership, private property rights and the quality of life in Missoula and Western Montana.
MOR also has a significant political role in the local area. MOR interviews and supports candidates in elections, is actively involved with the Montana Association in addressing statewide legislation and regulation and stays in touch with the Montana Congressional delegation in Washington D.C. through efforts of the National Association of REALTORS®.
As an organization comprised of individuals who are involved in the commerce of homeownership and business growth, we are in the business of building community, as well. ‘Building Community’ and giving back to the community is the heart of our organization. Individual members are some of the most civic-minded community activists. As REALTORS® and other real estate professionals, we “Choose to Make a Difference.”
MOR supports programs and holds events throughout the year in support of the community. Since 1988, through these programs and events, we are proud to have raised contributions totaling over $94,000 for various Missoula agencies, projects and organizations. MOR4Kids, a program that supports children in Missoula in need, is one way MOR gives back to the Missoula community. Read more about MOR4Kids.
Through our business and our community involvement, we are “RE-imagining Home and Community.”
REALTOR® Code of Ethics
REALTORS® are different from non-member licensees in that they voluntarily subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics. If you believe that a REALTOR® has violated one or more Articles of the Code of Ethics, you can file an ethics complaint alleging a violation(s) by contacting MOR. In addition, REALTORS® agree as a condition of membership to arbitrate contractual disputes and specific non-contractual disputes as provided for in Article 17 of the NAR Code of Ethics. Click here for resources to help you understand what filing and processing an ethics complaint and arbitration request entails, and the general process you can expect when filing an ethics complaint or arbitration request with the Missoula Organization of REALTORS®. Read this before filing a complaint.
Accepting this standard as their own, REALTORS® pledge to observe its spirit in all of their activities and to conduct their business in accordance with the tenets set forth below.
If the public thinks to code is violated please contact us
Basic Principles of the Code of Ethics read full text
1. Protect and Promote Your Client’s Interests, But be Honest with All Parties.
2. Avoid Exaggeration, Misrepresentation, and Concealment of Pertinent Facts. Do Not Reveal Facts that are Confidential Under the Scope of Your Agency Relationship.
3. Cooperate with Other Real Estate Professionals to Advance Client’s Best Interests.
4. When Buying or Selling, Make Your Position in the Transaction or Interest Known.
5. Disclose Present or Contemplated Interest in Any Property to All Parties.
6. Avoid Side Deals without Client’s Informed Consent.
7. Accept Compensation from Only One Party, Except with Full Disclosure and Informed Consent.
8. Keep the Funds of Clients and Customers in Escrow. Do Not Comingle Funds.
9. Assure, Whenever Possible, that Transactional Details are in Writing.
10. Provide Equal Service to All Clients and Customers.
11. Be knowledgeable and Competent in the Fields of Practice in Which Your Ordinarily Engage. Obtain Assistance or Disclose Lack of Experience if Necessary.
12. Present a True Picture in Your Advertising and Other Public Representations.
13. Do Not Engage in the Unauthorized Practice of Law.
14. Be a Willing Participant in Code Enforcement Procedures.
15. Ensure that Your Comments about Other Real Estate Professionals are Truthful, and Not Misleading.
16. Respect the Exclusive Representation or Exclusive Brokerage Relationship Agreements that Other REALTORS® have with their Clients.
17. Arbitrate Contractual and Specific Non-Contractual Disputes with Other REALTORS® and with your Clients.