The Missoula Organization of REALTORS® is a trade association dedicated to providing valuable programs, products and services to members, to affiliate members and the community. Our organization is filled with talented, educated and caring individuals with a vast knowledge of the real estate industry. The Missoula Organization of REALTORS® is committed to helping build a better Missoula and surrounding areas by providing superior service to members and the community.
We are Recruiting for our Public Affairs Director position, the successful candidate will possess:
• 3-5 years’ experience in governmental affairs
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written
• Ability to take complicated information and communicate it simply.
• While a Bachelor’s degree may be preferred, experience in the field is as highly valued.
The Public Affairs Director is responsible for managing and administering local governmental affairs activities for the association, in support of the real estate industry. This position includes coordination with both the National Association of REALTORS® and the state association. Our advocacy goal is to be the steward for home ownership and real estate in the greater Missoula area, and create greater member, stakeholder, and community awareness and involvements in our efforts.
Such duties to include:
• Meeting with Local Government Officials
• Meeting with Community Task Forces and Neighborhood Groups
• Interviews and Supports Candidates in Elections
• Actively Involved in Addressing Statewide Legislation and Regulations
• Stays in Touch with The Montana Congressional Delegation in Washington D.C.
• Works with REALTOR Political Action Committee
• Staff Liaison to Government Affairs Committee
• Builds Local Relationships to Further Organizational Goals
• Collects and Researches Market Data
• Works on Education and Advocacy Through Multiple Media Sources
• Works with CEO on Budgeting and Related Activities
This is a full time exempt position with a salary range of $45k to $55k annual with a full benefits package including Health, Dental and Life insurance and IRA matching.
Email PAD@aehr.org to apply or with any questions.