Affiliate Members and Product/Service Members shall be individuals or firms who, while not engaged in the real estate profession are engaged in support service industries whose activities directly support real estate transactions with REALTORS®.
Affiliate and Product/Service Members are an important part of Missoula Organization of REALTORS®. Membership in MOR provides Affiliates with a number of opportunities to reach both the brokerage population as well as consumers who are actively seeking real estate information.
Affiliate Members pay dues to the Montana Association of REALTORS® (MAR) and to the Missoula Organization of REALTORS® (MOR).
Product/Service Members belong to Missoula Organization of REALTORS® (MOR) only.
The benefits from the Missoula Organization of REALTORS® are the same for Affiliate Members and Product/Service for the purposes below; Affiliate refers to both.
Membership dues are for the firm and the following services are provided:
* Affiliates receive a weekly copy of the ‘MOR You Know’ newsletter mailed to the contact person of record.
The ‘MOR You Know,’newsletter including flyers, is available on the MOR website. (Temporarily unavailable on the website.) It can be E-mailed on request to the contact person and/or additional parties in the firm.
- MOR membership rosters are also available and can be printed from the MOR website. They are updated every two weeks.
- Affiliate office names, name of contact person of record and phone number are provided for public access on the MOR website.
- Affiliates have full access to the “Members Only” section of the website to access all MOR information including calendar of events, meeting notices and records, government affairs information, ‘MOR You Know’ newsletter etc. (Only one access code per firm is issued).
The contact of record is responsible for the access of additional members of the firm and for coordinating access information with MOR staff to ensure that only those authorized have access to the ‘Members Only’ section.
- Unless the MOR governing documents specify REALTOR® members, representatives from affiliate firms may participate in any member activity. These include focus groups (one meeting on a specific topic) or task forces (to complete a specific project), project volunteers, etc. All MOR meetings are open meetings and all categories of membership may attend.
Affiliate firm representatives may register for any education course for the member registration fee.
Affiliates may contact MOR staff for assistance as appropriate.
In addition, Affiliates may purchase the following services which are available to members only.
- Run flyers in the ‘MOR You Know’ newsletter for a cost that is determined annually at budget.
- Purchase mailing labels for REALTOR® and/or Affiliate contacts.
- Purchase a link to the affiliate website from the Affiliate roster.
For an Affiliate or Product Service Application, please contact Sonya McCloney, Member Services Coordinator of the
Missoula Organization of Realtors firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: 406-728-0560, ext. 1.
How to Become a MOR Member
Welcome to the Missoula Organization of REALTORS® (MOR). Through your membership and access to services available from MOR, the Montana Association (MAR), and the National Association (NAR), you have a great opportunity to build a successful and rewarding career in real estate while contributing to the fabric of the community.
Members of the REALTOR® organization accept certain responsibilities and obligations of membership beyond those required of other real estate licensees.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be actively engaged in the real estate profession
- Hold a current, valid real estate broker’s or salesperson’s license
- Are licensed or certified to engage in the appraisal of real property
- Are licensed property management
- Are associated either as an employee or as an independent contractor
Each firm shall designate in writing one REALTOR® Member who shall be responsible for all duties and obligations of Membership including the obligation to arbitrate pursuant to Article 17 of the Code of Ethics and the payment of Association dues as established in Article XI Section 7 of the Bylaws. The Designated REALTOR® must be a sole proprietor, partner, corporate officer or branch office manager acting on behalf of the firm’s principal(s) and must meet all other qualifications for REALTOR® membership established in Article IV, Section 3, of the Bylaws.
REALTOR® Members are individuals who are engaged in the real estate profession other than as sole proprietors, partners, corporate officers or branch office managers and are associated with a Designated REALTOR® Member of the Association.
For a membership packet and application, contact Sonya McCloney, Member Services Coordinator at MOR at 406-728-0560, ext. 1, email: email@example.com
Process for membership:
- When a new licensee affiliates with a REALTOR® principal, you may participate in MOR activities. As a licensee you have access to the MLS immediately upon receipt by MOR of written information from the DR that you are in fact affiliated in the office.You may receive a keycard and request services through the established MOR procedures.You have 30 days from the date of affiliation to apply for MOR membership. If at the end of thirty (30) days you have not applied for membership, the Designated REALTOR® in the office is billed non-member licensee dues as of date of affiliation.a. Upon receipt of the completed application and payment of required membership dues, Licensee is considered a provisional member of MOR and is subject to all the same privileges and obligations of membership.
- You will be provided with an application form upon request. If the application is not received completed in the MOR Office within thirty (30) days of date of request for application, the Designated REALTOR® is billed non-member dues. If the application is received after the billing but before the date payment is due, the amount is waived for the DR.
- MOR Action Orientation includes two Parts: (1) New Member Code of Ethics training as mandated by the National Association and (2) other topics as from time to time determined and approved by the MOR Board of Directors.
Note: BRR’s Rookie class contains four hours of MAR forms and the attendance is required of licensees.
Secondary Membership: those that have paid their state and national dues through another association. Contact Sonya McCloney, Member Services Coordinator at MOR for an application- 406-728-0560, ext. 1; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Affiliate Membership: Click here to find out how to become an Affiliate Member
MLS Participation: If you are a REALTOR® Member and the principal, partner or corporate officer designated by the firm to be responsible to the Association in accordance with the Bylaws, you can request participation in the Montana Regional MLS, LLC
Contact Sonya McCloney, Member Services Coordinator at MOR for an application – phone: 406-728-0560, ext. 1, email: email@example.com